Adult Family Care (AFC)
This service allows you to live with up to two non-family members in the home of a trained caregiver. The caregiver helps with:
- Giving of medications
- Meal preparation
- Personal care
- Recreational and social activities
- Supervision (up to 24 hours if needed)
- Watching over your finances (at your request)
You cannot receive this service at the same time as personal care assistant services, chore services, home-delivered meals, home-based supportive care, caregiver/participant training or assisted living services.
Social Adult Day Care (SADC)
This group program offers different health, social and related support services if you have a functional impairment. It is designed to meet non-medical needs. The program involves going to a supervised adult day care center on a regular basis for several hours and taking part in recreational and social activities.
- You cannot use this service if you are in an assisted living facility
- You cannot use this service at the same time as adult day health services