How to Join
What is MLTSS?
Managed Long Term Services and Supports (MLTSS) provides long-term services and supports through New Jersey Medicaid's NJ FamilyCare managed care program.
Who is Eligible?
To be eligible, you must:
- Be 65 years of age or older, and/or
- Be determined to be blind or disabled by either the Social Security Administration or by the Division of Medical Assistance and Health Services
- Meet the general requirements for New Jersey Medicaid—resident of New Jersey and U.S. Citizen or qualified alien
- Most immigrants who arrived after August 22, 1996 are barred from these Medicaid programs for 5 years
- Be financially eligible
What Benefits Can I Get?
You can receive these benefits and services:
- Personal Care
- Respite Care Management
- Home and Vehicle Modifications
- Home Delivered Meals
- Personal Emergency Response Systems
- Mental Health and Addiction Services
- Assisted Living Community
- Residential Services
- Nursing Home Care
How Do I Apply?
To apply for MLTSS, contact your local County Welfare Agency (Board of Social Services) or your local County Area Agency on Aging (AAA) - Aging and Disability Resource Connection (ADRC).