We understand you may have special care needs. To help with these, we have case and disease management programs. The goal of these programs is to help you understand how to take care of yourself and maintain good health.
You may qualify for case management services if you have:
- Children with special health care needs
- Had or are going to have a transplant
- A high-risk pregnancy
- Multiple chronic illnesses
- Behavioral health care needs
While in the program, you will work with a care manager. He or she will partner with you to help coordinate your care needs. To do this, he or she:
- May ask you questions to get more information about your condition
- Will work with your PCP to arrange services you need and help you understand your illness
- Will provide information to help you understand how to care for yourself and how to access services, including local resources
We may contact you to talk about care management if:
- You ask for these services
- Your PCP asks that you be placed into a care management program
- We feel you meet the requirements for one of our care management programs
WellCare's Disease Management/Chronic Care Improvement Program (DM/CCIP) helps members and their caregivers with long-term health issues. Members in the program get information and health coaching so they can make good choices and manage their conditions. This allows those members to improve their health and quality of life.
Topics that the program addresses include:
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Congestive Heart Failure (CHF)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Smoking Cessation
- Weight Management
To learn more about this program, please call Disease Management at 1-877-393-3090.